It Starts With You.
Volunteers originally started hospice and they continue to be a major part of hospice today. Year after year, they contribute time and energy to assist hospices by:
- Responding to the needs of the patients, families, hospice staff, and the community.
- Enhancing community understanding of healthcare through educational programs and outreach activities.
- Volunteering/cost savings for hospice.
Who Can Volunteer?
- family members
- social and spiritual friends
- college students
- hospice patient families
- local volunteer centers
- people in support groups
- health clubs
- unemployed or prospective employees
Why Do People Volunteer?
People volunteer for many reasons, such as:
- helping others
- making new friends
- gaining personal growth
- establishing new direction in life
- giving something back to the community
- sharing talents, abilities, and experiences
- learning new skills
- feeling needed, useful, and appreciated
- a family member was treated in hospice
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out this form..